July 4th was a gorgeous Saturday, and we invited both sets of parents to our home for food, conversation, and entertainment. And, no, the entertainment did not involve fireworks of any kind Ryan is the only thing needed to thrill his grandparents for hours. We spent the majority of the evening outdoors, watching Ryan play in the sprinkler and throw balls in the yard.
Last Thursday, a former coworker at Veritas, Clay Tucker, made a surprise visit from his new home in Florida. A dinner and bonfire were organized in his honor. I had had the privilege of babysitting his four children frequently before they moved away, and I soaked up every bit of news he shared. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the event but promise to add some as soon as I receive copies.
Paul also had the chance to catch up with a close friend (and former coworker at Biltmore) when John and his daughter Ashton stayed with us this weekend. John lives in Texas now, and we were thrilled that the beauty and cooler temps of the mountains brought him to Asheville for his vacation.
On Saturday, we celebrated the gift of new life. My friend Bethany is expecting a baby boy any day now. All of her friends gathered at Kathleen's Tea Room for a diaper shower and tea (of course!). The food is always delicious, and I love the ritual of afternoon tea. I can't wait to meet her new son!
It's hard to believe that the celebrating isn't over yet. As I write this, I am in the Charlotte airport waiting for my flight to Milwaukee. One of my closest college friends is getting married on Saturday. I'll have to devote another entry to that event on another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment