Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hello, December

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I am loving every minute of it.  The Christmas presents are purchased (thanks to the Internet and free shipping).  The Christmas cards are in the mail.  The tree is decorated.  The stockings are hung.  Christmas music fills the air.  Sharing it all with an awestruck two year old makes it even more special! 

Ryan with Santa 2010 I love Ryan’s expression!  Although a little uncertain, he was still able to communicate his desire for “a bulldozer with a digger on the front.” 

Gingerbread Cookies

Gingerbread Cookies 2

Gingerbread Cookies 3
Our copy of The Gingerbread Man has a recipe on the back, so we had to try it out.  Ryan loved decorating the gingerbread men and gingerbread “ladies” (as he called them).

Advent 2010
Ryan started asking, “Today is Christmas?” before we had even celebrated Thanksgiving.  I hoped an Advent calendar would help him while we waited.   (Note: This is my only craft project for 2010, and it might have to count for 2011.  I got the idea from a blog by Ali Edwards.  Each box has a fun activity for Ryan to do that day as we prepare for Jesus’ birthday.)

Happy December to all!

1 comment:

The Breedloves said...

I love your advent calendar! I've been trying to incorporate that..this year we added the wreath. Maybe next year the calendar! I would also love the ginger bread recipe!