We’re all dressed up for the annual lunch and egg hunt at the club.
Ryan giggled the entire time he petted this sheep. Later on, my mom commented on how much he obviously enjoyed the sheep’s soft fur. Ryan giggled again and explained, “No! I was laughing because he was so stinky!”
Ryan ADORED the Easter Bunny,
seeking him out all afternoon for an extra wave or hug.
Our Easter morning breakfast and baskets – “Christ the Lord is risen today! Hallelujah!”
Before leaving for church, we had our own little indoor egg hunt.
I always loved this tradition as a child!
As Paul and I were preparing baskets, filling eggs, and baking coffee cake the night before, he commented on how much work goes into each holiday. He and I agreed that you don’t fully appreciate all of the planning and time your parents put into it until you’re doing it for your own children! When it comes to Christmas and Easter specifically, we are still developing our own family traditions and walking that fine line between the “secular” and “Christian” aspects of these celebrations. Ryan had me read the story of the crucifixion over and over again from his story Bible, but the concept of the resurrection was certainly still confusing.
We’re getting there and having a lot of fun along the way!
1 comment:
Love it all! Especially the bunnies. : )
Post a Comment