The smell of sugar is in the air!
My Bible study group decided it would be fun to have a gingerbread cookie party for our little ones. I hosted and everybody brought something to share. There were a total of 13 children, ranging in age from 6 weeks to 4 years (the older children were in school, thankfully).
We read The Gingerbread Man for inspiration before getting started.
“May I eat one of your red hots? No?”
The three older children decorated gingerbread “houses” instead of cookies.
Kari (with her grandmother who was visiting from out of town)
Every Christmas, Ryan’s school sets aside an afternoon for the younger grades to decorate gingerbread “houses” (a.k.a. empty pint-sized cartons). Parents are strongly encouraged to attend and join in the sugar rush. Thanks to my friend Hannah, who sat at my house while Miles napped, I was able to attend this special event with him. It’s not easy for me to be involved with two littler ones at home!
Ryan loved having my company but did not desire my help! He knew exactly what he wanted to do. It will be fun to compare his gingerbread houses over the next few years, as I think we’ll both learn lots of tricks and tips along the way. It was obvious which parents had done this before and those of us who were rookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment