So often there are little routines, expressions, or events that we cherish but never write down. Here are a few that I really don’t want to forget:
Abby
*Most of the time, Paul gets Abby up in the mornings just before he heads off for work. One morning, he had not yet put on his tie and let Abby pick it for him. She loved this, and now every morning bounds into our bedroom saying, “Let me pick your tie, Daddy!” He presents her with 2-3 appropriate choices, and she picks her favorite.
*Abby frequently leaves the “s” off of the words “snuggle” and “smell.” So, I hear lots of requests for “nuggle time” throughout the day. And, almost as frequently, I hear, “Mama, what is that ‘mell in my nose?”
*Abby is developing quite the Southern accent. Imagine all of the above with the appropriate drawl! Also, if every sentence she uttered were typed, it would require the use of italics…a lot.
Miles
*Miles has adopted the habit of spelling out his answers to simple questions.
Me: “Miles, are you hungry?”
Miles: “Y-E-S. Yes!”
Other common words are: N-O, P-E-E, P-U-P-P-Y (freqently mispelled), D-A-D-D-Y, and M-A-M-A
*Miles has determined that when he is grown up, he will work at Walmart (“…because I can buy all the gum I want! It’s right there!”) and master one song with his band before permanently retiring his drums and guitar.
*Miles is extremely concerned that Abby is going to decide to “grow a baby girl in her belly” after his newest brother arrives. Apparently, enough is enough!
Ryan
*Paul took the kids to Walmart yesterday for the weekly grocery shopping (Bless him.), Ryan sweetly suggested that they buy me flowers. He then informed several people along the way that the flowers were “for Mama because she is discouraged.” I think that’s code for “very pregnant!”
*A few Saturdays ago, I surprised Ryan by setting out on the kitchen counter all the ingredients he needed to make French toast for the family (up to the point of requiring the griddle). He was so proud of himself for assembling it all before Paul and I came downstairs! While a few of the measurements might have been a wee bit off, he actually did a great job. Now to find more recipes to offer him the opportunity to practice (and help the family out at the same time, too!).
1 comment:
Love those precious Krueger kids! Y'all are a special bunch. All the stories are priceless, but my favorite is Ryan telling everyone you were "discouraged" and needing to give you flowers. =)
Post a Comment