Friday, January 13, 2017

Snow!

This past weekend, we got our first (possibly only) good snow of the winter season.  Six and a half inches of snow fell overnight on Friday, giving us a heavenly weekend at home.

 

Snow Day January 2017 2

 

Snow Day January 2017 4

 

Snow Day January 2017 3

 

Snow Day January 2017 5

 

Snow Day January 2017 6

 

Snow Day January 2017

 

Three years ago, I decided to invest in snow pants for the boys since Abby already had a pair of hand-me-downs.  Even though we only get to play in the snow 1-2 times a year, nothing is worse than sopping wet jeans that prevent them from fully enjoying the snow days we do get.  I spent $20 per boy, bought them a size too big, and we are getting our third winter’s use out of them!  When you consider that Ryan and Miles will get to pass their pants down to younger siblings, we are really going to get our money’s worth.  The snow pants were such a success that I invested in three pairs of new snow boots this fall, two sizes too big in neutral navy blue. After spending four years enduring Michigan winters, Paul and I appreciate the impact proper snow gear can make!   

The temperature outside is currently 68(!), but we have our fingers crossed for at least one more snowstorm before the official arrival of spring. 

No comments: