Monday, May 22, 2017

The Cradle of Forestry

During the second week of May, Paul took time off to help me with the younger kids while I administrated the IOWA Test of Basic Skills to Ryan (a state requirement for homeschoolers).  Ryan worked really hard, and, by the end of the week, he and I were ready to get out of the house!  I had been eager to visit the Cradle of Forestry for awhile.  I have such wonderful memories of visiting as a child, but I have not been back since.  We all enjoyed the time as a family, the beautiful surroundings, and the many discoveries along the way.

 

Cradle of Forestry May 2017 

 

Cradle of Forestry 2 May 2017The old sawmill

 

Cradle of Forestry 3 May 2017
Ringing the bell on the train

 

Cradle of Forestry 4 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 5 May 2017The crane used to load the lumber onto the train.

 

Cradle of Forestry 6 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 7 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 8 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 9 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 10 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 11 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 12 May 2017

 

Cradle of Forestry 13 May 2017A horse-drawn grader

 

There were more areas to explore, but Caleb was very ready for a nap.  We look forward to returning again one day!

No comments: