Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Virginia experience

A guest post by Ryan Krueger

One day, Daddy, Miles,and I left home for Virginia to see Grammy and Papa’s new dog named Gravy. We drove to Grammy and Papa’s house and then set off on our trip in Papa’s car. While we rode in the car, we listened to an audiobook called Hank the Cowdog and the Ghost Bear which I enjoyed because it was silly. When we got to the motel, the building was longer than I expected. We retrieved our things from the car and quietly went upstairs. Dinner was eaten at a taco restaurant. Then we drove back to the motel and played the board game Indigo with Grammy and Papa. The fold-out couch in the motel room was cozy, and I fell asleep pretty quickly.

On Saturday morning, I woke up feeling great and ready to get my hands on breakfast. After breakfast we left to see the puppies! I was surprised because they were smaller and cuter than I imagined. The puppies, whose fur was as soft as a cotton ball when I stroked them, raced wildly around the pen. I was disappointed that we had to leave the precocious puppies after two hours.

On our way home, we visited a tank museum which was my favorite part of the trip. There were tanks, missiles,and guns there, but we only saw the tanks and missiles. The tanks were intimidating because of their gigantic size. The last thing we saw was a military helicopter from World War 2.

We continued on our way home after the tank museum. We tried to do origami, and we listened to a different audio book called The Hardy Boys and the Missing Chums book #4. When we arrived home, it was late at night. The experience in Virginia was exciting, and we saw lots of new things!                                                         


Virginia Jan 2018 8


Virginia Jan 2018 2


Virginia Jan 2018 3


Virginia Jan 2018 4


Virginia Jan 2018 5


Virginia Jan 2018 6


Virginia Jan 2018 9
Gravy!


Virginia Jan 2018 10


Virginia Jan 2018 11


Virginia Jan 2018 12


Virginia Jan 2018 13


Virginia Jan 2018 7


Virginia Jan 2018 14


Virginia Jan 2018 15


THE END

1 comment:

Beth said...

Excellent writing! I enjoyed this post about a trip to Virginia. More guest posts, please! (The original author is just fine, but a change like this is so refreshing!) Thanks for a great start to my weekend! L, G