1st Grade
3rd Grade
6th Grade
I liked many aspects of our school day last year, so I have changed very little for this year. We loved our new co op, enjoyed our extended morning meeting to start the day, and have established the curriculum for most subjects. Since Ryan is a middle schooler, I am expecting more independence from him. He has proven himself up to the challenge! Caleb continues in preschool or with my mom every morning. I am a much happier homeschooler when not corralling a toddler while teaching long division.
I was able to go along with Caleb on an apple orchard field trip. While he got into picking apples, he loved the animals, especially the goats!
We also spent a morning with friends at the Cradle of Forestry in Pisgah National Forest. It’s an easy trail for all ages, and there’s even a train with a working bell.
Speaking of trains…The family took advantage of Paul’s Biltmore Estate employee status to check out a unique train display inside the Conservatory. An artist had created replicas of all the buildings on the Estate, which were then arranged throughout the greenhouses. Several model trains traveled between the buildings on overhead wooden tracks. It was so much fun to watch the kids “chase” the trains, and we took some great photos. Unfortunately, all the photos were lost (along with 650+ others) during a failed transfer from my phone to my computer. You’ll have to trust me and use your imagination like the good old days.
The only surviving photo from the visit. It certainly could have been worse -
you still get an ample dose of cuteness!
No comments:
Post a Comment