Thursday, May 28, 2020

Last days of school

Ryan May 2020


Miles and Cooper May 2020


Abby May 2020


Last Day of School 2020

May 14, 2020


We did it! Our fifth year of homeschooling is over, and it really was a fantastic year. We were in a “holding pattern,” with little change in our daily routine or curriculum. I have learned to appreciate years like this because in homeschooling each year usually brings a learning curve (adding a newborn or a kindergartener, a new weekly schedule, changes in curriculum, etc.).

That being said, next year will bring big changes! At our homeschool co op, 7th grade is the “official” start of middle school. Ryan observed the Challenge A class several times this winter and is very eager to attend! All of his curriculum and weekly work will now be assigned by his co op teacher instead of me. He’ll work at home 4 days per week and discuss/share what he’s learned with his classmates 1 day a week. Many of his friends are continuing in Challenge A, too. I will be learning the program alongside Ryan as I facilitate his work at home.

Additionally, I will be teaching at our co op two hours per week. I am excited to get back in front of a classroom! The Essentials class covers grammar, writing, and math fluency for 4th-6th graders. Those happen to be some of my favorite subjects and ages to teach. Miles will be one of my students, and he has not held back on his doubts about my capabilities. Ha!

I placed all of my curriculum orders yesterday and can’t wait for those boxes of shiny new books to arrive!

No comments: