I sometimes wonder (but don’t really want to know) what goes through my husband’s head when I start a sentence with, “So…. I’ve been thinking….” That’s usually the way I ease into the latest home improvement idea that is bound to require a) money b) time and c) hard work.
This time it was a swing set. What seemed like a straightforward idea, took four days and a few extra hands, but Paul found a way to make it happen despite his crazy schedule. He loves his boys (and his wife).
Day 1: Making Room (3/12/2011)
We spotted a neighbor using this mini excavator and asked if they’d be willing to dig up our pampas grass.
A little boy’s dream and in his own backyard!
Day 2: Prepping the Ground (4/21/2011)
After several weeks of research, we placed the order and awaited delivery (Tip: Walmart saved us at least one thousand dollars!). We also realized that if we really wanted to do it right, it would take a full day of hard labor to get the ground ready.
Paul’s dad helped with what proved to be the hardest part of the entire project.
Rolling out the landscaping fabric
Day 3: Construction Begins (4/24/2011)
Paul organized all of the materials in advance. The list of required tools included “adult helper.” Paul’s dad again stepped up to help.
Starting to look like something
Hmmm…better check the directions again
When the rain started to fall, work had to stop. We couldn’t resist letting Ryan try out the slide and swings first.
Day 4: Final Touches (4/30/2011)
Ryan helped with some of the final screws while Nana Kay supervised.
Our friends the Breedloves delivered the second load of mulch for us and all of the boys helped spread it.
Playtime!
Steven and Ryan loved the glider swing. I love it because no one (i.e. me) has to push it.
Miles approves of his swing, too.
The end
So…now I’m thinking…
1 comment:
Now we never have need to brave the playground! We can all just live at your house!
Post a Comment