You might have noticed that an important member of our family was missing from this past weekend’s wedding festivities. Well, as soon as were asked last spring to participate in the wedding, I started trying to figure out what to do about Abby. I knew the weekend would not be scheduled around naptimes or regular meal times. I also knew Abby was highly unlikely to sit quietly during the ceremony or wait patiently while we took pictures. Thankfully, when I asked Paul’s parents if they would be willing to watch her for the weekend, they immediately said yes. It was definitely the right call!
Grammy and Papa kindly sent us pictures a few times a day, reassuring us that she was quite happy and well taken care of. They had lots of fun activities planned, and, in fact, she didn’t even act that excited to see us. It was as if we had only been separated for a few hours, rather than two and a half days!
She’s not the first grandchild Grammy and Papa have taught to blow bubbles!
No comments:
Post a Comment