While we were the beach, Miles turned 6! He was able to celebrate with his birthday buddy, my brother Mark. So much fun!
Most of his gifts were Lego or Super Hero-themed. A few gifts combined both!
Minecraft Cake, featuring a horse by request
Two of my favorite guys! I am so thankful they were born.
Miles is very endearing and quite comfortable in his own skin. He has us in stiches daily, and the quotes below barely scratch the surface. He loves math and is working on his math facts by choice. Music is still his passion - he plays the drums/piano/electric guitar/ukulele daily. Technology is a huge area of temptation for him (and also a strength, just like his daddy). We have to maintain strict time limits!
When it comes to milestones or social expectations based on age, Miles is neither impressed nor intimidated. This will be helpful during the teen years but can be a challenge when it comes to taking on new responsibilities. He still loves helping with the laundry and is now in charge of the recycling. He takes pride in doing these jobs well. Even though Miles is an introvert, he is very talkative in smaller settings. He will talk your ear off if given the opportunity amidst the somewhat chaotic environment of our home!
And now a sampling of our funny and sweet Mr. Miles…
~ He repeatedly said “rip cord” for “umbilical cord” during my pregnancy with Caleb.
~ “I think I am pretty awesome.” (said with total seriousness)
~ “Lately, I have been having days that break my heart. Today is putting it back together again.”
~ “My leg fell asleep!”
A few minutes later….“Now it’s snoring!”
~ Conversation with Uncle Mark:
Miles: Do you live in North Carolina or Georgia?
Mark: Georgia
Miles: Oh, good. Because if you lived in South Carolina, we’d be speaking Spanish!
~ “You mean we get to wear bare feet?”
~ (After a funny laugh) “That’s how I laugh in Spanish.”
~ “When I get bigger, I will never get married and always live with this family because I hate getting kissed!”
~ Conversation with Mama:
Miles: What does “vain” mean?
Me: It means someone who thinks they are something else, like, “I am the handsomest person in the world.”
Miles: (looking surprised) “Well, I think I am the handsomest boy in the world.”
Me: You do?
Miles: Yes!
~ Miles: Mama, I can’t wait for you to see this picture. It is pretty much the best picture that has ever been made.
~ When I get to heaven, I will…
Go into other people’s houses and mess them up.
Ask God to put me in the washing machine at the condo and turn it on.
Turn on all the hot water and leave it on day and night.
Ask God to make a real Minecraft elevator.
Drive an excavator toward you (Daddy) and scoop you up in the bucket!
Make lots of hot cocoa with caffeine and drink it all to give me LOTS of energy!
Fly through the sky.
(Note: I try to rush to the computer every time I hear a “When I get to heaven” statement, which happened daily for quite awhile. Conversations concerning the Biblical description of heaven are ongoing!)
No comments:
Post a Comment