Caleb has been busy, busy, busy! I have never had a baby cry as much as Caleb did from the age of 3-5 months. It was hours a day for reasons we were never able to determine, despite a lot of effort on our part. However, five months proved to be a major turning point. He became happier overall and started checking off milestones left and right.
On July 10th, he rolled from front to back:
While we were at the beach, Caleb started sleeping through the night (Hooray!), discovered his feet, shared his first belly laughs, and tried baby food.
Caleb rolled from back to front on August 6th and has been using that skill regularly now. He initially looks quite pleased with himself, until he decides he wants to be on his back again. No, he has not yet figured out that his rolling over skills can be combined for optimal positioning!
And now, he is sitting up well 90% of the time. He still topples over now and then, but, by next week, I expect he’ll be quite stable.
Now, for the 6 Month Old Look-Alike Contest:
I am having trouble declaring a clear winner. I see a bit of him in all three siblings. Paul’s vote is adamantly “Miles!”

No comments:
Post a Comment