Saturday, February 29, 2020

Ryan turns 12!

Ryan's 12th Birthday 7

I know! I can’t believe it, either. We celebrated Ryan’s 12th birthday with a Stars Wars theme.  He chose cinnamon rolls for breakfast, egg salad sandwich for lunch, and steak for dinner! Yum!


Ryan's 12th Birthday


Ryan


Ryan's 12th Birthday 2


Ryan's 12th Birthday 3


Ryan's 12th Birthday 4


Ryan's 12th Birthday 5


Ryan's 12th Birthday 6


I asked Ryan to share what he wanted to remember from the past year:

~My favorite part of the past year: going to camp; starting youth group at church; robotics class

~What I am looking forward to: starting Challenge A, going to camp again with cousin Jackson

~Favorite color: red

~Favorite book/series: Arlo Finch

~Favorite movie: Jurassic World and Jurassic Park

~Favorite outside activity: exploring the neighborhood with friend Jack

~Favorite indoor activity: reading books and drawing

~Favorite subject in school: history and science

~Least favorite subject: math

We are in the thick of the dialectic stage as it’s called in Classical education.  Ryan’s questions about everything come nonstop! It’s actually a lot of fun to see the way he processes the world change even though the intense interrogation can be exhausting.  He has continued to demonstrate his trustworthiness as we extend new privileges with less direct oversight.  He is already eager to have his first job out of the house (hopefully, Chik-fil-A!) and start saving for a car!  As he looks ahead, Ryan is still frequently found playing with Legos or entertaining Caleb with silly games.  In other words, he’s right where he should be!           

No comments: