I had a sweet birthday of my own at the end of the month! It began with a to-go breakfast with two of my dearest local friends. They presented me with beautiful flowers and presents. When I returned home, it was time for family gifts and an afternoon of relaxing on the back porch with a good book. For dinner, the desperation to eat out of the house led to our introducing the kids to Paul and my favorite sushi restaurant. They bravely tried a variety of dishes, including sushi! We supplemented with good old teriyaki chicken, steak, and fried rice to ensure no one went home hungry. Back home, we shared chocolate cake from Publix. It really was a perfect birthday!
Abby sweetly quizzed a friend’s mom on what she should buy for my birthday and told Paul exactly what to order. She was so proud to present me with this garlic press!
I can honestly say that I am loving my 40’s!
No comments:
Post a Comment