Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Freezing time

It’s become a running joke in our family.  Ever since Ryan was born, every few months my mom says, “Oh, this is such a wonderful age!  I want to freeze him (them) right now!”  You can tell she really means it.  My usual response is, “Ummm, can we wait until Miles is finished potty training or the baby is sleeping through the night?”  There are some stages I’d rather not be stuck in forever. 

I must acknowledge that we are in a bit of a sweet spot right now.  I can feel the time racing by faster and faster, and, when I look at Ryan and see all signs of little slipping away, my heart definitely aches.  I can’t dwell on it for long without getting downright depressed.

I know they have many more “firsts” ahead of them, and we will share in the joy of them all.  However, Abby’s first steps are days, if not hours, away.  Ryan stands on the verge of unlocking the world of reading.  And Miles is talking less like a toddler and more like his big brother.  I remind myself regularly that these days are fleeting.  Even the long ones rest on the unique relationship you have with your children when they are young.    

And documenting the days lets us drag them out just a little bit longer.

 

Fair 3 2013

 

Fair 4 2013

 

Fair 5 2013

 

Fair 2013

 

FAir 6 2013

 

Fair 2 2013

 

Ryan and Miles Summer 2013

 

Ryan and Miles Fall 2013

 

Abby 10 months old 3

 

Ryan First Movie Summer 2013

 

Abby 10 months

 

Abby 10 months old 2

 

Ryan Golfing Fall 2013

 

Miles Sept 2013

 

Siblings Sept 29 2013Freeze! (Please!)

No comments: