Friday, June 10, 2016

A morning at the creek

Playing in the creeks of Pisgah National Forest is one of my favorite childhood summer memories.  My mom would drive through the forest until we discovered a secluded spot with creek access, where she could park the car along the edge of the road.  Then my brother and I would explore in the icy water for hours, only stopping to eat the picnic lunch she always brought along. 

On Wednesday, I took the big kids to North Mills River.  There was a great area for them to wade, and the weather was gorgeous.  I was thrilled to have found something close to home that is so similar to what I enjoyed as a child.  It took Abby awhile to get used to being dirty, and Miles had a few falls off of the raft that took him by surprise.  But I have a feeling they will be sold on the idea after one more trip.  Ryan was in heaven the entire time!

 

Abby Summer 2016 

 

Abby Summer 2016 2


 

Ryan and Eli Summer 2016Ryan with friend Eli

 

Ryan and Miles Summer 2016Of course, various creatures were captured for careful examination and excited showing off.

 

Ryan Summer 2016


 

Miles Summer 2016

 

Miles Summer 2016 2

 

Ryan Summer 2016 2

 

Ryan and Miles Summer 2016 2This was taken immediately prior to an unfortunate flipping of the raft.  In this case the lesson was “one is better than two.”

 

Summer is so much fun!

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a happy, healthy way to cool off! Good for you all!

Love, Grammy