If you thought I had already done enough blog posts about June, I am sorry to inform you that there’s more! I can hardly believe how much we did, and yet it didn’t feel too busy.
We finished school in the second week of June. I feel that, overall, the year was a success. There were quite a few obstacles to overcome, including adjusting to a new baby, and I wish I had done certain things better. However, Ryan knows everything and more that a second grader should. He is receiving tutoring to address his areas of weakness in reading. Writing, grammar, and science were areas in which he excelled. He loved homeschooling and wants to do it again next year. Miles impressed in math, worked hard on his handwriting (not his favorite subject), and started reading on his own. He exceeded my expectations for pre-K! We have officially decided to homeschool again next year. The curriculum has arrived, and I have spent a lot of time this month organizing it all.
Looking through their end of the year books, which includes pictures and work samples.
The Greenville Zoo was the perfect end to our study of the animal kingdom. But who really needs an excuse to go to the zoo?
We went with the Robbins and Kotynski families.
When we first became friends, there were only 4 children total. Today, it’s 12!
Miles started piano lessons, received his first bee sting, and climbed a tree he’d been working on for over a year!
We swam at the pool a lot, including one time with our friends The Williamsons.
Have I mentioned how much we have loved our local library this year? We’re there at least once a week, and the monthly Lego Club is a favorite. Essentially, the library dumps out thousands of Legos and a dozen or so kits, and the kids build for an hour!
Not pictured: Several dinners with family and friends; a celebration of my dad’s 70th birthday; our 16th wedding anniversary; more creek time; and two weeks of Vacation Bible School for the boys (Abby only lasted 3 days!).
There was still plenty of home time, lazy days to enjoy family with no pressure to accomplish anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment